„blattfisch e.U.“ is a consultancy company located in Wels, Upper Austria, that offers its professional expertise in aquatic ecology and engineering in both Austria and Europe, mainly in neighbouring countries, including Germany, Switzerland, Italy and the Czech Republic.
The experienced team includes biologists, ecologists, landscape planners/designers and environmental engineers and provides, amongst others, integrative solutions for the protection and restoration of natural aquatic resources and ecosystems.
Our specialist services cover a wide range of disciplines in aquatic ecology and provide complete project support, including the planning, implementation, supervision, evaluation and monitoring of measures.
Our aquatic ecology team provides expert services for:
- Implementation of the Water Framework Directive
- River basin management
- River development planning
- Alternative flood protection
- Ecological hydro-engineering and river restoration
- Planning and building of fish migration facilities for upstream and downstream migration
- Ecological supervision of construction works
- Support and management in fisheries biology
- Electrofishing, net fishing, trap fishing, longline fishing
- Benthic invertebrate studies, determination of all groups including chironomids
- Aquatic ecotoxicology
- Species conservation projects for fish, crayfish and mussels (e.g. www.flussperlmuschel.at)
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Public relations, presentations, seminars
- Te.M.P. – „Temperaturmesspaket“ (long-term temperature monitoring system)